Friday 30 March 2012

Tinuy-an Falls, Surigao del Sur

A journey over land to Surigao del Sur.

First Stop is the Tinuy-an Falls.

Tinuy-an Falls, Surigao del Sur

view from the parking area

Tinuy-an Falls is a series of waterfalls. From the parking area, we went a little higher up the mountain until we got here:

my cousins, my elder sister, my mom, my younger sister

From, we have to climb 89 steps up to the best part of the waterfalls.. Such a challenge but we're up for it.

First few steps

view from the 24th step

after 47 steps, the 'stairway' turns into a series of ramps going up and down

We finally arrived at the topmost area allowed for public. Yey!

My wonderful family


We couldn't help it, we just can't resist the water. Without much preparation, here we were..

enjoying the 'natural back massage'

my dad with my niece

that's me!

It was difficult to leave the place but we really have to. So, let's start the journey going back down..

the cliff part of the waterfall, view from a ramp

my dad, carrying his beloved apo (grandchild) the way down

We thought it was already the end but when we saw the rafts..

rentable rafts to bring you closer to the waterfall

trying to smile inspite of the harsh water

on the way back

My mom and my ate (elder sister) didn't expect they would get this wet. Notice their watches? They didn't work after this event. Doesn;t matter, they agree it's worth the experience! :))

Tinuy-an Falls is not just an attraction that you must see, you should also experience it! This place is just one of the many places in Surigao del Sur that attracts both tourists and residents. There are more of Surigao del Sur and I would be posting about them soon.

It's truly More Fun in the Philippines, so Choose Philippines!



Angel 

2 comments:

  1. luv the sharp and clear pics. i would luv to bring my whole family here. lookin forward to see more tourist spots pics here in your blog... kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yes, you will.. i'm planning to post another destinaton in Surigao. hope you'll still like it. thanks for dropping by! :))

      Delete