Sunday 14 April 2013

Life on a Budget: The Price of Dreams

They say dreams are free, but when yours come with a price, pay up and make it worth it.
Life on a Budget

Hi. I'm Angel Adaptar. I just finished BS-Architecture last March 2013 in a prestigious school in Davao City. Back home, I practically have three rooms - one for clothes, another for drafting, and the third room's where I sleep. I drive my own car, I have my teammates, I sort of have everything. Except for a little freedom, that is.. Well, even princesses have issues about that, right? However, I have to give up all these for one thing - to chase my dream.

It started when a university representative from Manila invited the high school seniors in our school to enroll to their different courses, which includes interior design. The presentation was so great that I immediately dreamed of becoming an interior designer. Unfortunately, I was so young then and I knew nothing about chores and taking care of myself. My parents didn't allow me to go to Manila for college.

Now that I'm 22, (I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22.. This song pops into my head whenever I say my age. Can't help it! haha.) my parents finally agreed to send me to the big world of Manila to study Interior Design. (Yes, Manila seems to be big when you're from my hometown.) This permission comes with the fact that I won't be living in Davao anymore, with all my luxury and comfort. I have to leave my amazing lifestyle. All. Those. Things.

I feel like I'm Sharpay, having my own 'Fabulous Adventure'. (see movie, "Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure") I know this is going to be tough, but I'd make it worth all the struggles. I will succeed. I have to. :)

Angel 

No comments:

Post a Comment